Monday, August 29, 2016

Otherness

There are many times 
I feel I am overcome
By a sense of otherness
I am fully me
Yet am not believed to be
No thought by others can express
My incomparable sense of lostness 
There is not a sentence uttered
In which I am told I am not 
There is no glance full of question 
In which my full self seems forgot
Yet in a moment 
My mouth upturns itself
And my mind is alone 
In this world full of bitterness
Sitting on an ugly throne 
I rule my mind through that world
While my face plays a game 
"Who can guess what I am"
The answer will be not the same
My brain wracks it's senses 
Why am I different from my name
My face casts glances
That will always look the same
And as I start out feeling hatred
For the conflict that I am 
Yet I must press on 
For the eventual breaking of my dam
And the hope that someone will see me
For all of ness that I am

1 comment: