Sunday, August 28, 2016

courage

Joshua 1:5-6
"No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their ancestors to give them.”


So recently I've been courageous. I've done things that I never saw myself doing. I've gone on dates and went to public events. Those things seem trivial, but to me, I need an army to overpower my fear to do them.

In these verses, God is promising these things. He promised them to Joshua so that he can overcome his fear. God's promises are the army of love that overpowered Joshua's fear. It shows Joshua that God's power is bigger than circumstances. Geez, He fricking makes the circumstances.

But the thing is that God gives us these promises, too.
He promises us in Romans 8:28 that "in all things God works for the good of those who love Him."
God overcomes our fear with promises, promises that we never leave His hand, that we are constantly protected by His love, that every circumstance we are in, we are in because God knows we can handle it, but only when we trust him.

God gives us hardships we can get through, but only through him, and only when we see that his promise of constant love overcomes our fear. 

No matter the small situation you fear, God has you, He goes before you and protects you through it, and we come out stronger. Stronger in faith, and stronger in mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment