Friday, September 23, 2016

Recognition

I hate to say it, but sometimes I struggle with feeling unrecognized.



Yeah, that can be me sometimes... Guilty.

I feel like I do so much to please others, and so much that I feel will help others, and yet I get steamrolled over.

I hate to say it because I hate to feel it.

And I hate to feel it because deep down, I don't care about recognition.

I get so caught up in what I think I'm supposed to feel, that I forget what I actually feel.
Society says when you are not recognized for every little thing you do, it means you don't matter. That is complete and utter bull sh*t.
When I'm being honest with myself, even if every little thing I do doesn't get recognized, it doesn't take away the feeling I get while doing good things.
That is why I do them.
Not for the recognition, but for the feeling I get when I know that I've helped someone, or have done something worthwhile, and not worthwhile because someone else says it's worthwhile, but because I know it is.

Recognition does not make or break something you do, YOU make or break something you do, depending on whether you do it for recognition, or for that feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment